Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ozzie Takin' the Piss

Ozzie Takin' the Piss


So I cut-and-paste eku's Tim Tam technique request (from SLU) into my Skype conversation with my "authentic Australian" and then sent said Ozzie a link to this thread. Since then I have been treated to an onslaught of Skype posts taking the piss out of the way I and my American brethren talk and even the type of treats we eat.

For example:

* You Dumericans don't just overpronounce your Rs, you also overpronounce your Gs. It's "fucking" not "fuckin-guh."
* Vehicle becomes vee-hickle.
* Anzac biscuits and Tim Tams rule. You can shove your Oreos.
* See...? Not everything in Australia is trying to kill you. Unless you count diabetes...
* Everything in America is fake.
* I'm not afraid of you or that Joshua bloke.

And then there was this:




Fine print: Yes, she knows I'm posting this. Yes, it is all meant in fun. We're old friends and she has a permanent dent in her cheek. No, the dent is not from me punching her. No Skyping SLUers were harmed in the making of this post.




She's threatening to "fix the crack in the Liberty Bell" now. Oh, it's ON. 

ETA: She also said in response to Jopsy, "maybe his hearing aids get feedback and it makes a funny sound."

ETA2: I hope others see why I find her so damn funny too. Irreverent and cheeky and soooo wrong, but funny.

ETA3: I hope I'm not about to start an international incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment