Monday, January 16, 2012

B of A Hell Zone Part II

I wrote about not being able to access my accounts online back in September of 2011.  I still can't access my account online.  I'm a fairly tech savvy person, savvy enough to manage all my other accounts, but B of A has me stymied.

These days I do my B of A business the old fashioned way.  I walk down to the brick-and-mortar branch and stand in the lobby while waiting the de rigueur 20 minutes for the teller to wrangle the situation for me just so I can post a mortgage payment and get account information.  She's a good sport.  She doesn't even duck when she sees me coming.  Although last time, for reasons unknown to me, she had to use the computer at the drive-thru window.  Since it takes so long to access my account and post a payment and I'm standing right there waiting, she drew the attention and ire of people driving through the drive-thru window.  They saw her, but couldn't have her.  Fortunately she saved her frustration for the drive-thru customers, telling me about it on her return to the computer I was standing next to, and did not blame me for the small slice of hell that is trying to conduct my B of A business.  She's a terrific surrogate.

I decided to have yet another go at logging into my B of A online account.   I put in the correct User ID and the correct passcode.  I answered security questions for the umpteenth time.  I received yet another message telling me the SiteKey could not be processed.  It keeps telling me this is a temporary situation, but it's been temporary for over six months.  That's a helluva long time in the online world.

I tried the 800 number for tech support again.  It asks for your social security number.  I gave it.  Then it wants an account number.  I'm so spoiled by other organizations that let you wait out or press through that prompt to a live person who will look your account up for you that I was surprised when the system told me that if I could not provide my account number it would hang up on me.  And it did.  How rude!

I rummaged through my paperwork, called again, provided all the required information and was then reminded that today is a holiday and that I may call back during regular office hours provided I have all the necessary information at hand.

I'm still the customer, right?

If and when I log into my account, I'll let you know.



http://totalrandomnesshere.blogspot.com/2011/09/b-of-hell-zone.html

No comments:

Post a Comment