Saturday, August 27, 2011

Not-So-Pure Genuis

I love iTunes and my iTouch, but I am not a fan of the Genius function on iTunes.  It never really knows what to recommend to me.


Example:

This is "99 Problems" by Hugo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jeyGl2fdfA

(I'd post the actual video, but Blogger, as I've mentioned, is weirdly inconsistent with Youtube.)

I don't want the recommendations Genius gave me (see pic above).  I want uptempo sexy retro alt bluesy country rock, something with clapping hands, stomping, a banjo, guitar and an undercurrent of bourbon and sin, stuff like...

"Hell's Kitchen" by Matt King
"Ain't No Easy Way" by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
"Shuffle Your Feet" by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
"Barton Hollow" by Barton Hollow
"Ten Million Slaves' by Otis Taylor
"Seven or Eight Days" by Adrian Glynn
"Go It Alone" by Beck
"Black Horse & The Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall


I've been told I would have better luck on Pandora.  I admit, it is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment